Deputy Township Treasurer
The Blair Township Treasurer’s office is committed to providing fair and accurate collection, receipt and deposit services for all funds due to and received by Blair Township. We are committed to providing accurate and timely property tax statements as allowed by the General Property Tax Act P.A. 206 of 1893 as amended. The Treasurer’s office strives to provide the highest level of service to the citizens of Blair Township and is dedicated to serve the public and other units of government in the most courteous, efficient and effective manner possible.
The Treasurer’s office provides information on tax bills and existing Special assessment districts, including pay off amounts.
Treasurer's Duties Include but Aren't Limited to:
- Collects real and personal property taxes
- Keeps an account of township receipts (revenues) and expenditures
- Disburses township checks
- Deposits township revenues in approved depositories
- Invests township funds in approved investment vehicles
- Collects delinquent personal property tax
- Responsible for jeopardy assessments in collecting delinquent personal property tax
- Collects mobile home specific tax
- Must appoint a deputy
- Must post a surety bond
- Member of township elections commission